Pilates is a form of exercise that emphasizes the balanced development of the body through core strength, flexibility and posture awareness in order to support efficient movement for sporting events or just daily living tasks.
Core strength is the foundation of the Pilates exercises and the self awareness it brings to you will help to better activate and coordinate your body through increasingly challenging movement patterns. Pilates is adaptable to all fitness levels, ages and any disability.
– Longer-leaner muscles
– Improved balance and flexibility
– Improved posture
– Improved gait for walking and running
– Enhanced breathing and stamina in both cardiovascular and muscular endurance.
– Protection from injury with increased body and joint symmetry
– Increased confidence in new-found body awareness and stamina
– Helps you to create your own health tool box to maintain the best you
Get IN Shape
I have been teaching Pilates for over 20 years and owned and operated Body Basics Pilates Studio for 18 years. I am passionate in helping people improve their lives by improving their bodies. Taking control of your body and not letting it control you.
M.S. Clinical Exercise Physiologist, Northeastern Univ
B.S. Physical Education, Univ of Wisconsin-Madison
Pilates Method Certification in Mat and Equipment
Pilates Method Alliance Certification
Pilates Certification in Polestar Pilates Rehabilitation
TRAINER / Instructor
ACSM Registered Clinical Ex Physiologist Certification
ACSM Health and Fitness Instructor Certification
TRX training, Core Align Training & Yoga Training
Physical Fitness is the first prerequisite of happiness
Many people are not aware of how good it is to feel strong and balanced in their bodies. I love to help clients discover this feeling and how important it is to incorporate strength training and flexibility exercises into their daily and weekly routines to be the best they can be.
Most of my clients have come to me with back pain and Pilates exercises have been proven too help decrease pain and inflammation, lengthen and realign the body for better ease of movement for life’s daily tasks. Clients always leave a Pilates session feeling taller, happier and having a total body workout.
Pilates repertoire incorporates strength training which improves whole body strength, endurance and stamina.
Mobility & BALANCE
These are two keys to staying healthy with improving overall strength of legs, core, back, chest and arms. Pilates is key to equalizing strength and flexibility throughout the spine, pelvis and joints creating optimal balance and improved movement.
FEEL GOOD, BE HAPPY
Happiness lowers your risk for disease, lowers blood pressure, and enables better sleep. When you feel good you are more likely to be happy!
Sessions: Duo, Equipment Class of 4, TRX Classes of 4, Private
Duo Pilates Sessions
- Semi-privates session is a class of two individuals with similar levels.
Equipment Classes of 4
- Groups of 4 clients using cadillacs/reformers/stability chairs and barrels.
Mat Classes of 8-10 people
- General mat class for all ability levels. Some will be on the cadillac bed and others on mats on the floor.
Private Pilates Session
- • Assess your needs, health history, gait analysis, muscle & flexibility testing and posture assessment.
- • Assess sports or lifestyle specific pain or injuries.
- • Design a home program and your own health tool box to help you be the best you can be.