Pilates is a form of exercise, developed by Joseph Pilates and his wife Clara. It emphasizes the balanced development of the body through core strength, flexibility, and posture awareness in order to support efficient, graceful movement to enhance your sporting event or daily life tasks. Pilates is a great addition to concentrated training in sports such as cycling, golf, horseback riding or to rehabilitate injuries after medical treatment.
Core strength is the foundation of Pilates exercise. Pilates teaches you how to activate and coordinate your muscles through increasingly challenging movement patterns. Pilates is a safe and effective method of exercise for all ages and fitness levels. Learn more at pilatesmethodalliance.org.
• Improved coordination
• Longer-leaner muscles
• Increased core strength and stability
• Balanced strength & flexibility
• Improved posture problems
• Improved gait for walking and running
• Enhanced breathing capacity
• Overall improvement in balance, coordination & circulation
• Protection from injury
• Increased confidence in new-found body awareness and stamina